Monday, June 14, 2010

Go Cubs, Go!

A few weeks ago the Cubs were in town to play the Rangers. When Chris found out they were going to be here, he wasted no time in buying tickets for the whole family to go to the Sunday game. He ended up getting tickets to the Friday and Saturday games through work for himself and friends. He couldn't have been happier! My wonderful friends insisted on me leaving Holden with them, so this was an outing for big kids only! That turned out to be such a blessing, because it was super hot and it of course would have been crazy to have a baby at the game.
Not really sure how much of the game the kids really watched, but I know they enjoyed the hot dogs, Cracker Jacks, cotton candy, ice cream sandwiches and lemon chills (yes, really) that we shared while there. I think they liked dancing to their own rendition of 'Go Cubs, Go' the most, as did a lot of the Cubs fans around us. Really should have gotten that on video!

Me and my precious girl.

We just love having fun family outings like this and every time we do something special like this it just makes me want to do more of them! We love road tripping and little family adventures so we are excited to get to do more of that as the kids get older.

I have a hard time "just going home" after something fun, so we headed out to eat and to run through the fountains near our house.

Love the facial expressions.

Holden wasn't sure quite what to think, but I'm sure he'll know just what to do next summer!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Love the pics! So glad you did this!