Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just Me

My kids say so many things that I think I'll never forget and that I think I'll remember to tell Chris when he gets home from work. Well, that never happens. I should have just started a writing things in a notebook when #1 was younger. So I just had to post this so I would never forget.

Those of you that know Morgan know about her separation issues, her fear of trying new things, and her overall anxiety about so much that goes on in her 6 year old life. We've been dealing with this since 3 yr old preschool so at times I must admit, it gets really annoying to deal with. It's hard to understand how she can be so anxious about so many things that are supposed to be fun! So she is doing a 4 session ice skating class with one of her friends. We missed the first class (I forgot) so we had to go to a makeup the first week without the friend. Completely put her over the edge. She cried a lot. This week was the second week. There were a few tears, but she really did much better. So when she and I were leaving, she said that she knows she cried a little bit in the beginning, but then at the end she wished it would have lasted longer. Then she said, "But Mommy, that's just me. That's just how I am". Just melted my heart. That's probably just what I needed to hear to give me some extra patience to deal with her "issues" right now.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is sweet, Allison.